John P. Aldrich
Mr. Aldrich has significant experience in commercial litigation, plaintiff personal injury law, and insurance defense litigation, including complex litigation. His experience also includes appellate matters and criminal defense. Mr. Aldrich worked three and one-half years at a 35+ lawyer law firm in downtown Las Vegas prior to starting his former firm, Aldrich & Bryson, LLP. Prior to that, Mr. Aldrich also clerked in the Clark County District Attorney’s Office. Mr. Aldrich has written more than 30 appellate briefs submitted to Nevada and Idaho appellate courts, and has successfully argued cases before the Nevada Supreme Court and the Idaho Court of Appeals.
Mr. Aldrich has handled numerous arbitrations. Mr. Aldrich's best estimate is that he has handled more than 50 arbitration hearings.
Post-Trial Motion Experience
Mr. Aldrich has experienced handling post-trial motions such as motions to set aside judgments, motions for new trial, and the like.
Various years between 1995 - Present, Boy Scouts of America (Assistant Scout Master, Cub Scout Den Leader, etc.) Mr. Aldrich has been and continues to be a youth sports coach. He has coached and assisted basketball, flag football, soccer, and baseball.
Mr. Aldrich maintains malpractice insurance through StarStone Specialty Insurance Company. Mr. Aldrich has never been the subject of discipline, public or private, in Nevada, Utah, or Idaho.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Plaintiff Personal Injury Law
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Appellate Law
- Car Accidents – Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Animal Bites
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Aviation Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Nevada, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1999
- Utah, 2000
- Idaho, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- Juris Doctorate - 1999
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Bachelor of Arts - 1995
- Major: Economics
- Supreme Court Rules Pro Bono Counsel Is Entitled To Fees, Clark County Bar Association's Communique' Magazine, December, 2005
- The Self-Critical Analysis Privilege, Clark County Bar Association's Communique' Magazine, August, 2006
- Wade v. Stratosphere Gaming Corp., Nevada Supreme Court Case, Case No. 50760
- Pavao v. Allstate Insurance Co., 9th Circuit Court of Appeals , 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Case No. 3:06-cv-00319-ECR (VPC)
- Starks v. State of Nevada, Nevada Supreme Court, Case No. 47183
- Thomas v. State of Nevada, Nevada Supreme Court, Case No. 45992.
- State v. Peterson, 981 P.2d 1154, 1999, Idaho Ct. App.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Clark County Bar Association, Board Member 2010-2019 (President 2018, Secretary/Treasurer 2016)
- Clark County Bar Association, CLE Committee 2002-10 (Chair, 2008-10)
- American Bar Association, Past Member, Trial Evidence Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Idaho Attorney General's Office, Law Clerk
- Clark County District Attorney's Office, Law Clerk