Aldrich Law Firm, Ltd.
Aldrich Law Firm, Ltd.

Call us toll free at
877-508-0433Good People Deserve Good Lawyers. ®

Call us toll free at
Good People Deserve Good Lawyers. ®

Vacation car accident injuries: Where should you file your claim?

Las Vegas is known for many things, including its energetic nightlife and its plethora of gaming opportunities. Unfortunately, the city is also known for its terrible drivers.

Sometimes, those visiting the area cause car accidents because they are unfamiliar with the roads. Other times, car accidents happen because someone partied too hard and wound up drunk behind the wheel.

Car accidents do not only affect Vegas residents. They also injure many tourists and others visiting from around the country. In such cases, do you handle things in Las Vegas or in your home state?

Attend to the basics

Seek medical attention after your car accident to establish medical proof of your injuries. Take multiple photos of the accident scene and the vehicles, and take statements from witnesses willing to speak with you. If you are too injured to perform these tasks, ask a travel companion to do it for you. If police came to the scene, there should be a police report.

Increase your knowledge

An ideal second step is learning more about Nevada’s injury and accident compensation laws. You need this information to determine what you can and cannot do when filing a claim here. For example, you must prove you were no more at fault for the crash than the other driver to obtain maximum restitution.

Find the right counsel

You may believe that an attorney back home can manage your claim. However, they must be licensed to practice in Nevada. It typically serves the injured party’s best interests to choose a legal representative based in Las Vegas.

John P. Aldrich
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...
FindLaw Network